Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Asbury's Mission

As we have graduated from Asbury Seminary and moved on to our first ministry location, the mission statement of Asbury has popped back into my head. I'll be looking at the mission statement phrase by phrase and offering commentary on it based on our location, pertinent Biblical passages, and applicable anecdotes. I pray God's blessing on you as you read this blog. Please feel free to add comments.

With that introduction, let me catch you up on our experiences at Fort Lewis, WA, so far. I can only write so much, because being 37 weeks pregnant my fingers fall asleep if I type too much/too fast.

Today I am completely humbled by the fact that when Kevin signed into his unit, he signed into a hornet's nest. They were, it looks to me, completely ready for him to come. No wonder he got to rest for four months before coming out here. We have jumped into life at Fort Lewis, among the chaplains, at least, and are grateful to have one of the first things that happen be that we have developed the beginnings of a community here.

Keep checking back; this blog is going live!!!

1 comment:

Dale Argot said...

Congradulations on your graduation. Pam and I have been praying for you and Kevin. Sounds like you are on the move. Great to see you posting again.