Monday, October 23, 2006

Something's Brewing...

...and it's not anything for Halloween!

I really sense that the Lord is working some things out to find a place for me to serve him. I was about to add, "in ministry," but "ministry" and "service" are synonymous!

I went last night to South Tacoma Assemblies of God Church last night in an effort to be faithful to the call God has put on my life, and enjoyed the free worship. However, this little Methodist girl is probably not what that church needs. After an hour and a half I was ready to go home to see my family.

Today I talked with my friend Diane who is an officer with our local Protestant Women of the Chapel chapter and she agreed to meet together to discuss how I might be able to get more involved in PWOC. I want my involvement to be meaningful.

Meanwhile, Kevin just told me that his entire chaplains' staff was asked to put together a "wish list" of where we'd want to be stationed next. Kevin's not supposed to be reassigned for three more years. With the military, you never know though, and you're supposed to be flexible. This request could either be nothing or something. We'll see.

We're praying about where to live. Please pray with us that the Lord would reveal if we need to stay in our current apartment or move. Many of our friends live in a nearby town called DuPont. I find myself in DuPont at least twice a week and it would be good to just live there if we are to do that.

No comments: