Thursday, July 26, 2007

John 13 (continued)

At this same worship service, I marveled at Christ's wisdom. This chapter is the one that governs DuPont Villages Community Church's vision! (http://www.dvcc2002.org/)

So as I was struggling in church that one day, I also reflected that Christ has the same message for the church, which is "serving one person at a time." We serve as we have been served.
One of the beautiful things about DVCC is how people serve each other with love and humility. Whatever needs to be done gets done. People also check on each other to see how they're doing.
When we are served, we can go out and serve powerfully by the Holy Spirit with the love of Christ. So it is not for our own good that we serve each other; it is for the sake of the world that we serve each other.

Every kind word, every phone call, every prayer, and every meal serves to advance the cause of Christ in our world today. So the way to "serve one person at a time" is to continue to serve our body and to continue to let yourself be served.

No comments: