Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Turning the Ship toward Home

Thanks be to God for transformation in the 2-1/2 years since writing the last post. I had to hide this blog due to a person's misuse of it and I'm not sure how I feel about having my information for all to see after that incident. What a frightening and frustrating experience, to have my own words used against me. "No weapon formed against you shall prosper," though, so she didn't have the last word. Hallelujah!!!

I have found that God has shaped my future. I have found that I want my heart abandoned to Jesus, and He has shaped my will and desires. I have found relief from the plague that entered my heart now ten years ago when I heard Beth Moore tell me that God's call on my life meant that He was responsible for the outcome.

I have found the peace that comes with trusting Him for my life. I have found the love for Him coming from one who has learned to look forward to what He calls me to do. I have found the optimism that comes from anticipating the life He has for me. He has not banished me, He just can't ask me to lead my life, so He has transformed my expectations so that they match His.

Does this mean I can have anything I want? NO! I can have what He provides, but I have to know that He has the ultimate best for me and wants to do amazing things in and through me. I have to believe that He has my best in mind, and that I don't have the manual for that. Actually, I do. It's His word, and He directs me out of love and according to that word.

Thanks be to God for lifting the cloud that was over me the last time I posted. Maybe I will post again! :)

No comments: