To despair is to turn your back on God.
--Marilla Cuthbert, Anne of Green Gables
This quote was on a friend's email salutation and it spoke to me today as I opened the email! It goes along with a verse that has been treasured for years, actually two verses, that came to me again this morning, with new meaning and new hope.
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a hope and a future." The part of this verse that stuck out to me was "NOT TO HARM YOU." So many times I know I launch out on a venture and am afraid that it will fail! Ouch! How about I go out believing that if God has opened the door and said go through, that it will go well!
The other verse is Isaiah 64:4. "Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him."
God acts on our behalf. It is high time I put all my faith in Him and believe that He will take care of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment