Sunday, March 25, 2012

Learning to Cook: Kitchen Secrets

They say the heart of the home is in the kitchen.  I know I spend most of my days at home in there, and I could be doing meal-related things, like cooking, serving, eating, planning menus, and dreaming of all the amazing foods I could be baking or cooking in there.  I could also be doing other things like talking with my family, disciplining my kids, doing homeschool, cleaning up, talking on the phone, drinking coffee and the like.

The kitchen really dictates our lives and those of our family members and friends.  What we do in our kitchen says a lot about who we are.  We are a reflection of what is deep in our hearts, and in the recesses of our minds are memories of our lives in our childhood kitchens.  A kitchen is a warm place, not just temporally, but also emotionally and spiritually.

Maybe that's why I like being in my kitchen and why I get so much out of it.  I feel that it says a lot about who I am.  Creating, productive, desiring goodness, spending time with family, developing warmth both in body and soul.

I love being in my kitchen and I plan to share a bit about why I find it so intriguing to be in the heart of the home with my family.

No comments: