Friday, March 23, 2012

Learning to Cook: My Background

I am venturing out on my blog to discuss cooking and baking.  I've fallen in love with it lately; it's so rewarding to create yummy, healthy food from scratch for my family.  I realized the other day that Shana has never had a processed breakfast treat besides organic pop-tarts.  Now, someone would argue those are processed, and they are right.  However, I'm talking the high-sugar, high-calorie process-out-of-your-system-so-you-have-to-eat-more processed foods.

Two years ago, my friends all gave me a cookbook filled with recipes because I couldn't cook my way out of a bag.  Meals scared me, and I definitely didn't give baked goods the nod.  However, two years later, I stand before you a transformed woman!

I haven't ventured like some of my friends, but I have made large strides in the way of cooking.  I can't think of a dinner that Kevin and I didn't like.  Notice I didn't include my kids!  They are still in the picky stages and that topic will take some blog posts.

So, I'll be blogging about my kitchen setup, my repertoire, my usual recipes, and how I include my kids in the kitchen.  Stay tuned for more!!!

No comments: