We did ok today. Once again, the family got to food before I could take pictures! Uh oh!
Remember, the deal is that we are low on funds this month, so we're ekeing by on what we have and TRYING not to shop or eat out for the rest of the month! I'm glad tomorrow's the 19th!
But we did ok today. In fact, we ate like royalty tonight, just from our sauteed salmon. I think it was because it was paired with baked squash and I was ready with a Paleo-ish treat. :) Read on:
Breakfast - eggs, bacon, fruit (for the family). I had eggs and bacon only. With coffee. Lots of coffee.
Lunch - Mom had salad plus tuna, cashews, and Dijon vinaigrette. Yum.
Dinner - Sauteed salmon with lemon pepper. I topped mine with olive oil mayo and dill. Once again, UMMM. Also, acorn squash baked in the oven with butter, cloves, and cinnamon. So nummy.
The kids had the salmon, plus a slice of cheddar cheese each (they're 6 and 3), and raw veggies. We added sushi nori once we heard John talking about sushi and sticking his carrots on the edge of his fork like Mater does in "Cars 2." He really pushed us over the edge tonight!
For dessert, I whipped up peanut butter cookies from the Diabetes Diet cookbook. They could have been Paleo, except for the use of PB. But since the kids are gradually working over to almond butter, I just used the PB. It's nice having the carb content of foods, and Dr. Bernstein puts it in there, since he's both Type 1 like me and an endocrinologist specializing in diabetes.
I'm so full you could stick a fork in me. Satisfied, content, happy! I didn't even snack today, and I didn't miss it!
No comments:
Post a Comment