Tuesday, January 01, 2013

January 1, 2013, Food Diary

this molten lava cake

Alright, so the above is a little peep into my brain these days!!!  Ever since I got diagnosed with diabetes, I have not completely licked the sweets bug.  This one will be the death of me, either spiritually or for real!  No, with the Lord's help, I will get it!!!

I did not have it today, so that is success.  Maybe I will do it Thursday for my birthday, though.  That's worthy!  :)

Waking glicemy = 95.
BREAKFAST:  3H at 7:45 am
I thought the Bulletproof Latte worked well yesterday, so I had that again this morning!  Don't put cinnamon in before you mix it; the cinnamon literally coated the blades at the bottom of the blender instead of being in my drink.  Today I added a bit of DaVinci SF French Vanilla syrup.  Tomorrow I'll do that plus dust the froth with cinnamon.  Studies have shown that cinnamon aids blood glucose stabilization.

I also had three strips of bacon and the last cream cheese waffle.  MMMM!  One time I had a tablespoon of SF Peppermint Mocha creamer, for a total of 6g carbs for breakfast.

Pre-lunch glicemy = 88 at 12:33.
LUNCH:  3H at 12:40
Broccoli and cheese with 6oz chicken breast, with crudites.  Estimated carb total = 12g.  That also includes a Crystal Light packet that was 6g carbs.  It was the last one of that type.

SNACK:  I snuck one in mid-afternoon when Mindy and the girls were over.  It was an after-dinner mint I made.  See my blood glucose before dinner; it might have spiked it because of the dairy?  Estimated carb count was only 2g.

Pre-dinner glicemy was 107 at 5:29 pm.
DINNER:  3H at 5:40
Cabbage-sausage roast from Paleo recipe days.  LOVE this dish, and it's really low in carbs.  Oh, except this time the sausage had carbs in it from the casing, probably.  Total estimated carbs = 12g.

DESSERT:  Whey Not Cake from Linda Sue's site.  I bet my piece only had 2g carbs to it, if not less than that.  I also had a half-caff cup of coffee.  I'll test at about 10pm before my evening dose to see what my blood glucose is for today.

I tested so much today because my blood sugar appears from my panel at dbees.com to be spreading more widely rather than less, since I've been journaling my diet.  Hmm.  And I feel like I've been doing better.  I have been sick, and am sure that probably has something to do with the blood sugar variability.

No comments: