Monday, December 31, 2012

December 31, 2012, Food Diary

Wow, talk about starting well and then falling off the wagon!

Waking glicemy was 79.  Perfect.  :)
BREAKFAST:  3H at 8:30 am
I had a Bullet-Proof "Latte" after reading about it on the Ketosis posts on the Low Carb Friends board.  They mentioned coffee, but I added an egg to my Hamilton Beach single-serving blender to get protein enough to call this breakfast.  I also had a cream cheese waffle I made yesterday, with 1T pumpkin butter. Add 4 sausage links, and I was feeling great. Total carb count for all of breakfast = 6g.  I may have found my breakfast.

Lunch.  Well, lunch was my downfall.  The kids and I went to Friendly's with my sister-in-law Karen.  I got a salad which had 30g carbs, and took 4 units for it.  I figured that was not enough, but I decided to take care of it with dessert, which I knew I'd have.  I did not order dessert, but had some of the kids' ice cream.  I probably had a scoop of ice cream total, and probably underestimated how many carbs I ate.  In fact, since restaurants do stuff carbs and fat into their foods, I should have known.  I think I estimated another 30g carbs, but only took 3 units.

Before dinner, at about 5:45, my glicemy was 136.  Oooph.  I had already decided no dessert tonight, although it is New Year's Eve.  I think I'll have some of the gelatin I made with Crystal Light, and may add some cream and walnuts.  Maybe I'll have to have it plain.

I just took 5 units to get my blood sugar down and cover for dinner, though.  At about 10, I'll check again and take another unit or two if I really have to.

DINNER will be at about 6:15, pork sausage link with this cauliflower "popcorn" recipe.  Then, seriously, just gelatin.  That should be 10g carbs.

I goofed on the carb readings in the sausage.  Estimate it to be about 15g carbs for dinner.  By 8 pm, I was feeling hypoglycemic, but am better now.  I did have a gelatin dessert, topped with about 2t cream and about 1T walnuts.  I'm feeling great now!

No comments: