Saturday, August 11, 2012

Fulfilling Brownie Cravings on the Paleo Diet

I'm a member of Paleo Lovers on Facebook, and one day, fellow Paleo Lover Stefanie McDaniel posted this.  I went right to the kitchen, halved the recipe, and made it in an individual ramekin.  Baked at 350 for 8 minutes, the top was brownielike, but the bottom was more like mousse.  Satisfied me for a while.  Were I not diabetic, I would have made another one.  Next time, the whole batch is for me.  :D
On August 10, 2012, Stefanie wrote:
"I had a huge craving for a brownie this afternoon, so I decided to throw something together super quick. I used:
1/4 c almond flour
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp Kal stevia powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1 whole egg
1.5 tbsp cocoa powder

Mix together and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

Makes two good sized brownies.

Enjoy! I know I did. :)"
I would include a picture but I'd have to make it over.  Good idea.  :P

No comments: