Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Up And At 'Em!

Today is our last day of vacation and I woke about 5:30 am!  Thinking of lots of things at home in Alaska, I had to search my heart to see if I was truly anxious about anything, or if I was just prepping for the day ahead, getting packed for our trip.

Not entirely sure if I was anxious or not, I rose early and got my day started with a workout.  How many days do we wake up, seemingly ready for the day, but underneath our "up-and-at-'em" spirit, we are secretly anxious about what lies ahead?

I think it's ok to be up-and-at-'em, but once our jovial spirit migrates to worry, we've lost it!

Jesus' words in Matthew 6 haunt me as I type this journal post!  He says, "don't worry about your life, what you will eat or drink, for your Heavenly Father knows what you need!"

What is causing you worry today?  Are you truly not concerned about your life, and what is driving you today?

No comments: