Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Having trouble with cravings!!!

We are at my in-laws' and might I say it's obvious I am the only one still on the Paleo diet.  There is SAD food everywhere - sugar, grains, potatoes, rice, and even veggies and meat are done up with sugar-laden sauces.  It's a SAD state of affairs!

I have been been having trouble not wanting treats and goodies.  I have had high blood sugars (or at least high for me) the whole time I've been here and it's been aggravating.  That makes not being able to indulge in some goodies of some kids even more impossible.

Help me, Lord, to withstand the temptations when they arise.  I really need it.  Tonight I figured out part of my problem.  Stevia has been known to stabilize blood sugar, while Splenda is considered a carb.  I have been having a lot of the latter, and none of the former.  No wonder I'm having trouble!!!

No comments: