I've been feeling for a while like a broken record - all I talk about is health, diet, exercise, diabetes, the Paleo and Primal lifestyles, and I've gotten a little annoyed at how narrow-minded my thoughts seem to be lately.
However, knowing it's where I reside these days, I don't know what else to do except journal these thoughts and pray that God use them for the benefit of someone else. It is where I am, and I completely believe in a sovereign God who ordained and orchestrated the situation in which I find myself so that He can use it all for His glory and to benefit someone else.
So, I launch forward, hoping that this post help someone and get my anxious, pent-up thoughts on paper.
LUKE 2:52
Our family has had a bedtime routine for several years of including the manner in which Jesus grew as part of our prayer for our kids as they grow as well. As Jesus grew, may our children grow too. He grew in wisdom, in stature, and favor with God and all humanity. It is my prayer that Kevin and I also grow in that way, in favor with God and with all others with whom we come into contact.
We surrender ourselves to God in every way we know how, and ask that God be glorified in our affairs. We pray for His fingerprints to be evident in all our activities, and we ask to find ourselves completely in the center of His will, girded by His strength and surrounded and protected by His angels. We trust that His Holy Spirit guides us and whispers to us the right way in which to walk, and thus to find ourselves receiving His favor and the attention of humanity as they notice His sweetness in our lives.
Paleo Diet
We understand that God has allowed me to contract diabetes, for which today there is no cure. Since there is no escape from this potentially deadly disease and today we have the ability to choose our own foods with which to nourish ourselves, and since we believe that the best way to ensure my own health is to minimize blood sugar spikes and dips, both through food intake and proper levels of insulin, we have chosen to pursue the Paleo/Primal lifestyle to ensure my health.
We have made the decision to switch our household to a Primal household, and to manage diabetes partially with food intake. We know this is not a popular decision in the typical American household, but we believe it to be the best one for our family.
We know that every member of my family has a choice, and that we can not ensure 100% compliance with the Paleo Diet. However, our goal as a family is to eat foods within the Paleo Diet 80% of the time. Our goal by the time our kids are 6 and 9 is to be eating foods within the Paleo Diet 90% of the time.
Primal Lifestyle
Understanding that humanity between Adam & Eve and the Great Flood foraged for food and hunted and gathered, we adopt the foods that they most likely ate as our primary sustenance. We trust that intermittent fasting will not result in adverse metabolic conditions, but most likely mimics the typical situation of early humanity.
We also believe that play, lifting and moving heavy things, and running fast are core elements of a primary lifestyle of early humanity. We endeavor to increase bodily play as an essential element of our life as a family. While we live in the 21st century, we will not let video games and streaming shows rule our family's play time. We will endeavor to get outside in God's creation daily.
For now, that's good. I'm tired, and am going to take a nap. Did I mention that's very Primal too?
No comments:
Post a Comment