Thursday, November 15, 2012

God Provides!

Yesterday we had a "fellowship day."  It was so jam-packed with activities that I knew getting school done would be a stretch, and that proved true.  Given the fact that Shana and I had decided to get her "Little Hearts for His Glory" homeschool guide done before our Hawaii trip, I mused that days like today could put off that beloved trip.  She had been working so hard to complete school to prepare for her trip, that I hated to think about that!  I also wanted to reward diligence!

My friend Tammie, upon my arrival to her house, shooed me out to go to the housing office to sign up for housing benefits under the spouses of deployed servicemembers program.  I happily obliged, given that it had snowed for the first time the night before, and I had had to spend 45 minutes that morning shoveling my driveway.  However, on the way to the office, I realized that I really didn't want to forego a day of school so we could stay on task!

So, I did what I have learned to do when I face adversity, or anytime, really.  I prayed, asking God to help me be ok with whatever path He had for us for school while Kevin was gone.  No sooner had I arrived back at Tammie's house, when I learned that they had done a character lesson while I was gone!  So my kids DID get school while I was out.  Sure, it was not a day from our guide, but I learned yesterday that real school involved character-building, in whatever form.  They received an education yesterday, not just in "socializing" with their friends (who says homeschooled kids are not socialized!?), but also in receiving an education from a fellow believer and her family who love education at home and take my children alongside her?

Psalm 27:1-3 says, "The Lord is my light(A) and my salvation(B)
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold(C) of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?(D)
2 When the wicked advance against me
to devour[a] me,
it is my enemies and my foes
who will stumble and fall.(E)
3 Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;(F)
though war break out against me,
even then I will be confident.(G)"
 
 
I don't have to worry or be concerned about the education my kids receive; God has it all under control.  And even when my covering, my husband, is gone, I can trust in God's unfailing love and grace to cover a multitude of my sins, including not knowing or trusting how my children will learn.  Thank God for His covering over me, that He can be my rock and my salvation and I have nothing to fear, even the potential state of a trip to Hawaii or a reward to my daughter for being diligent!
 
God knows my needs, and provides in such sweet ways!!!!

No comments: