Today is Veteran's Day, so with Kevin gone, I woke this morning reflecting on the major sacrifice not only our family is making, but many have made around the world at various times. I also remembered the lives friends of ours have given on behalf of our country, to secure freedoms both here and abroad. I also thought of all the people in our glorious nation who have probably either forgotten the service of our countless armed forces over the generations, or don't believe that they should be fighting, for various reasons. What nerve they have to judge the service of our troops, or to deem negligible the sacrifice of those who gave their lives.
Anyway, we did a simple breakfast of leftovers. :) I did make up eggs and sausage, as well as an omelet with the dried veggie mix and chorizo for me. I had a donut, so I split it for the kids, and gave them both the leftover shake. They didn't want it today, so I think I'll doctor it up tomorrow with some more fruit and peanut butter. For tomorrow, I made these chocolate buns from Ginny's Low Carb Kitchen blog, and I'll spread almond butter on the inside. For Tuesday, PWOC, I'll make Maria's "Healthified" Cereal with Chocolate Almond Milk. Tasty, and low-carb!
I have to get the family off of dairy. I can't tolerate it, and though I think I've suspected for a while, now I know, after getting results from Dr. Jackson at West End Center for Allergy and Injury Repair in California. I started taking supplements Saturday, and could tell a difference Saturday night. No wheat or corn, either, but I was already off of those.
The highlight of our day was not the food we ate, but the company we kept. Kelly and Robbie Johnson's daughter, Eavan, had a birthday party today at the Mac Center, the local ice skating place. The Lady Mustangs were leaving as we arrived with Stephanie Kuhn and her kiddoes. Shana had a bit of a hard time because the bars were in high demand, but we usurped Anna Claire from American Heritage Girls to help her until she was able to get a bar. She loved it. John did ok too, falling a couple of times, but he had a great time and is really good at gross motor skills for a 3.5 year old.
Everyone else had pizza, while I had toppings off pizzas and veggies with garlic butter sauce. ;) I did fine, and wasn't hungry at all after my two-egg equivalent omelet. I didn't even eat lunch until 3, when I had a leftover piece of pizza (with cheese on it), plus plenty of veggies. Then we had sausage and cabbage bake for dinner. MMM. I actually added fennel fronds! I don't mind crunching on them! :)
Oh, ok, anyway, we were able to gear down after our party, although John woke from his car nap and didn't go back to sleep again. I got dinner into the oven before chapel (a win!) and just set the timer to turn the oven off. NICE! It did, even though the oven was still beeping when we got home.
Chapel was great. I can't tell you how much peace I have. I don't know if it's the supplements, or just a stage of life, or God. Well, I guess God's on top of it all. It's nice to feel good, and it's nice to have peace about Kevin being gone. The kids did ok eating dinner tonight, although John didn't want his cabbage. He didn't even like his chocolate cherry ice cream (no sugar added). With a little bit of whining, he did go right to sleep. Oh, and his turtle's not in his room. What a change for him! I thought he'd never let it go! We turned on his closet light, closed that door, and I haven't heard from him since. I did turn on the humidifier for its original reason, and to mask sound. I'll turn that off before I go to bed; it sounds like a cargo plane!
Thought about starting that healthified cereal, then thought, "oh, the immersion blender is still wet from ice cream. Nah!" It's ready to go. Oh, just a note, I do want to make Mr. Peanut Butter Bread, the Healthified Cereal, Ricotta Waffles, and Ginny's Low Carb Microwave Spinach Lasagna. I won't be able to make all tomorrow, but this week, at least. :)
And I am still hunting for dairy substitutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment