I started this day with a super-low blood sugar. Probably most troubling about that was not having any idea how low it was! I'm almost embarrassed to say it online, because if I had felt bad at all, I should have gone to the ER. Really. It was 49. I'm trying really hard not to overdose on insulin, so I can avoid the lows, but the night before at small group I had a lot of fats in my diet, and right now they're tampering with my blood sugar too. Annoyingly so, so I took an extra unit of Humalog before taking Lantus and going to bed.
PWOC was great! I got to sit with the homeschoolers in the Fellowship Room and do school with them there. The only thing was that school was super close to the food, and even though I got relatively healthy food (I really wanted the snickers pie or pumpkin cheesecake!), I still took 8 units of Humalog. I have a tendency to want to take a ton of insulin to cover high blood sugars, but I still have to get toned down, or I will find myself having more lows. Later, when I went in for a massage with friend Karli Arntz, I felt my blood sugar go low again. She sent me home with raisins and water, telling me that massages will work toxins out of you. I wonder if insulin gets released too to the blood stream , aggravating the problem for a diabetic. Note to self.
This was the day Kevin left, and thankfully we were busy all day. That helped it go by quickly, and we weren't thinking of him being in a warzone, or at least we weren't crying about it. We did think of him and pray for him throughout the day.
John and I went to Bible study, where he got to play with another little boy. I got him home and in bed just in time for Shana to get to the door after American Heritage Girls. She arrived with a super big coffee order.
What a great day; I went to bed with relatively normal blood sugar levels.
No comments:
Post a Comment