I can't believe I wrote the entire last post without even mentioning the 2012 Presidential Election! That deserves its own post, and I don't want to write that tonight. I'm too tired. :)
So, today was another good, busy day. The only trouble plaguing me besides the election is that tutoring appointments keep getting pushed back. I wonder if we will really have a regular tutoring gig.
Anyway, we started the day great. I got to cuddle with John, just holding him for ten minutes or so. How glorious! This was after I got to do my own devotions, and I lavished hugging on him and wrapping him in a blanket.
Then, after breakfast, Shana and I did school, with the exception of reading a chapter of Buster Bear and practicing Irish Dance. We have to do two storytimes and two dance practices tomorrow.
We then went to meet Kathe Kale to get some Wholy Living food, like almond meal, coconut flakes, and freeze dried raspberries. We go through all that stuff like water. Oh, and I got a few more cans of dried eggs. I can't decide if I like them or hate them.
Then, after lunch, we took a quiet time and roused about 2pm to go to our friends the Baka's. You know those friends who are like family? We hadn't caught up in a while, so it was so fun to go and play. We really needed some one-on-one time with our friends, and got some of that today. How funny, though, that her husband is the one who's home, and ours is not.
Best part of that visit was all of it. No, seriously, I just loved seeing all the kids perform the John 9 account of blind Bartimaeus. How precious. Shana played Jesus, and John was a neighbor. They all did a great job. Hannah Grace, Cathy's middle child and the same age as Shana, played the blind man. I loved hearing her sing praise songs to God at the top of her lungs. After the election results, that time was so much sweeter.
Then the kids and I went to Burger King, for I had a free meal punch card to use and I promised them a special dinner since we weren't staying at the Baka's for dinner. We love doing that, but they really needed a family-only meal tonight. We saw friends Kimberly Jensen and Hannah Sorenson visiting together before Discovery, the chapel religious education program. How nice to see friends all day!!!
I loved breakfast. I mixed together 5T of the dried egg powder with a couple of handfuls of the dry vegetable mix from Kathe's Living Proof Alaska business. I also added 6T water, plus a little cream, chipotle, and cheese. Then, I added tomatoes on top (rather than salsa, which would have been my go-to had I not had leftover diced tomatoes) for a very, very filling lunch.
However, I was hungry two hours later when heading to meet Kathe. How frustrating was that! I maanged to stave myself off till lunch at 1:15 or so. I had salad again, with salmon on top. That salad bag was huge, and I hate to throw food away. That said, iceberg has no nutrition at all. I'm sure I'll be more satisfied once I can tear into the spinach.
I got to make a salad and bulgogi-thickness steak strips for my dinner. I added walnuts and cheese for protein. I'm a bit bothered that Dr. Jackson said I have no calcium in my body at all. I certainly eat a lot of it! What is happening to my food, and why is it not absorbing in my blood stream? I'd really like to get the dairy thing and fat absorption figured out. Blood sugars today were consistent.
No comments:
Post a Comment