Today we are still in the middle of the school year with Birchwood Christian School, and it is also Mother's Day. I was surprised, then, when Shana asked to read some school books! I actually don't know if she wanted to read books set aside for school, or other books on the same shelf that are not designated part of HOD ("Heart of Dakota").
However, I did pull out HOD's LHFHG, their K-1 program, and did half of the "left side" and most of the "right side" with her. We read about the fact that history is "His story" in History for Little Pilgrims and made our Family Tree through grandparents. We also explored God making the light shine in the darkness before He created the heavens and the earth. She totally got it. She really wanted to rock at math, but I had to hold her back till we made it through her storytime book, The Adventures of Reddy Fox. As it was, we didn't finish Reddy Fox's reading or get to Phonics.
That can wait! She did a great job on her fine motor skills, page 2 of Do It Carefully. She will have to pick up Phonics later. I will mark the date she completes each "box" on the date she does it to keep track of where she is. For now, I really love the program. All that she did took 30 minutes. That will leave plenty of time for play, music, exercise, and Bible time when we officially start homeschooling.
No comments:
Post a Comment