I've been there with DD. She just is so in the middle as far as skills go, that I haven't had peace with leaving her in LHTH for K and I haven't felt like she's ready for LHFHG yet. Then, nothing significant has to change, but a LIGHTBULB went off as I was reviewing Mom4Him's post in this thread http://www.heartofdakota.com/board3/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9348
Put her on a BRIDGE to K. She's got a late birthday (July 22, 2006) and is smart, but weak in some areas. So we'll BRIDGE her to LHFHG using LHTH as her BRIDGE curriculum. This is purely semantic, but I feel it makes me feel better because it tells me we are going somewhere instead of hovering, recognizing that she has skills in some areas, but is weak in others (like history and storytime).
I don't know why that matters so much, but it made me feel so much better. And it will motivate DD to move on her LHTH; she wants to be in K so bad!
Oh, I forgot to add that one significant part of this is, besides semantics (LOL), her beloved WORKSHEETS.
DD has lots of worksheets from her time in the Christian school, and I divided them up among four categories: thinking skills, writing, reading/phonics, and math. I think once we are through LHTH and these worksheets, I can start her on a clean slate in LHFHG with the K options and feel good about it.
Tomorrow I go to do her ILP with IDEA, and I will present the following:
- Bible - HOD
- Phonics - Teach your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons
- Writing - Evan-Moor Workbooks, Kumon Workbooks, School Zone Workbooks
- Math - Singapore Earlybird Math 2A and 2B
- Science - HOD and Apologia
- Geography - Galloping the Globe
- Art - Atelier Art
- PE - Swimming at East High School
- Spanish - Whistlefritz and La Clase Divertida
1 comment:
Sounds like you have a really good plan- I'm so glad God used our post to help guide you!
Have a great night!
Jessica
Post a Comment