I have to keep my carb content per meal at or below 15 grams, or one carb exchange. Sometimes, though, especially after being at a party, I really want something sweet as a treat. I like to keep those at or below 15g carbs too. This was a spontaneous recipe tonight, after a spontaneous Christmas get together at my sister-in-law's house.
2T almond butter (peanut butter would work too)
1t cocoa
1T sugar-free creamer (I used Nestle hazelnut)
1/2t vanilla
1T chopped nuts
Mix together in a small glass ramekin and microwave for 20 seconds. Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes to cool down, then enjoy! Top with homemade whipped cream or full-fat coconut milk, depending on your dairy tolerance. This cooked up to be like a hazelnut chocolate mousse.
Total carb content - 12g. I don't count fiber content, but since I would guess it to be around 8g, I would guess a usable carb count at 4g.
No comments:
Post a Comment