I had a hypoglycemic episode last night. At about 3:30 am, I woke with the desire to check my blood sugar. I really thought it was high, because after the cantata we attended last night, I had some full-sugar treats and medicated with what I thought was a decent amount of insulin. When I eat full-sugar treats, I don't know how much insulin to use, because I don't eat them often and I don't have enough experience on how much insulin treats how much full-sugar treats.
I did take home some no-sugar-added cookies, and I estimate each to have about 10g carbs.
BREAKFAST: 3H at 8:30
I actually didn't eat till about 10:30, besides my supplements and one chocolate donut from Foodie Fiasco's blog. At 10:30 I had a dessert I had seen here that I chose to sweeten with 1/2T cocoa and some peppermint extract. I used DaVinci SF Vanilla liquid instead of the splenda called for in the recipe.
I also had a cup of coffee with 1T SF Peppermint Mocha fake creamer.
Total carbs ~ 4g.
LUNCH: 3H at 12:45
6oz hamburger with 1oz American cheese (1g carb). Broccoli, cauli-rice, and cooked carrots, estimated at 7g carbs. Coconut bread with 1/2 T pumpkin butter, estimated at 4g carbs. Total carbs conservatively estimated at 12g.
SNACK: 1H at 3 pm
I had about an ounce of beef tips at 1g carbs (think beef-version of pepperoni), a handful of veggies (1g) plus sour cream dip (1g), and 1 serving creme brulee (I estimate this at 4g). Pair it with diet ginger ale and I'm quite satisfied. For now! I'm thinking of making a peanut butter cookie. Hmm. We have a Christmas Eve service tonight and I could have dinner for the night about 7:30 and put the kids to bed afterward.
Oh, hah! It didn't take me long to break down and make it. I used the plant protein powder in the cupboard at my mother-in-law's and added about half a tablespoon almond butter. I think it was about 4g carbs.
Total carbs at snack = 10g. I need to wait till after 7:30 to eat dinner, and if I have any dessert, it needs to be the gelatin cups I made.
No comments:
Post a Comment