Waking Glicemy = 80!
BREAKFAST: 3H at 8 am
Sugar-free Frappuccino. I love this drink! She lists all her carb counts in "net carbs," while diabetics have to consider "total carbs." I estimate this 12oz drink at 7g carbs. A 16oz version, which would satisfy me more, would be around 10-11g carbs. I add an egg to this drink for more protein and satiety. I can't have it for breakfast without that, or I would find myself hungry an hour later.
I also had three mini chocolate donuts from Foodie Fiasco. That would be around 3g carbs. I even threw in a fourth cup of cooked broccoli. Hungry this morning!
With a cup of coffee and SF Peppermint Mocha creamer, total count at breakfast is about 12g.
LUNCH wasn't till about 3 pm due to a trip to the barn after Pop's lunch. I had 2H at about 1:45, though.
Ham salad on iceberg lettuce, with two small tomatoes and two large mushrooms. Small serving of green beans with spaghetti & meat sauce. Total carbs at lunch = 12g.
SNACK happened right after lunch! I took another 1H at 3:10 pm and had this for my snack (using 1.5T cocoa at 3g carbs/T and omitting the baking powder) with a cup of coffee and SF Hazelnut creamer. Total carbs = 5g.
Ok, I managed to wait till 7ish to eat dinner. PHEW. I don't know what it is, but I'm on an eating spree from 3 till about 7, usually! I must explore and remedy that!!! If I'm not eating, I am researching things to eat!
I had looked at recipes a while back for pizza crusts. Breads and bread products are a big concern for me, since wheat and anything carby like that has had to be removed from my diet, and almond and coconut flour are expensive, making it hard to test recipes confidently. I even can't really do the "deep dish" pizza crust with the cream/egg/cheese base, because of the amount of dairy in the recipe.
However, I remembered this recipe tonight after seeing this one on Maria Emmerich's site. Maria's husband Craig mentioned making individual pizzas, so I figured I would try the one on Linda Sue's site. Maria's recipes tend to be a bit expensive, while Linda's don't. So, Linda's are safer to try. Now that I had success with Linda's, I might try Maria's for the family when we get back to Alaska.
I also think the kids will like Linda's. Kevin might find it a bit greasy, but pizza is greasy, right? I will make sure the tomato sauce is not wet, as greasy AND wet pizza would not be fun to eat at all. My mother-in-law's sauce was nice and meaty, and not too saucy, which I might try to replicate, both for the protein and for the relative dryness so that this pizza stays nice and easy to pick up.
I keep not taking pictures of my food! However, this made a fantastically crunchy-yet-pliable pizza. I topped it with said meat sauce, sauteed red onion and mushroom, mozzarella, and pepperoni slices.
I estimate the total carbs this way:
Crust: 2g (from www.genaw.com)
Meat sauce: 1g
Veggies: 3g
Mozzarella: 1g
So I only have consumed 7g carbs so far for dinner! Maybe I'll have some carb-control ice cream to celebrate doing so well! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment